The Millraneys are going to Rome...a.k.a. Paducah, Kentucky!
Yep, that's right our family is leaving Sweet Home Alabama!
Gary has taken position of lead Pastor ….and go ahead and laugh now. I am officially the pastor's wife...
Boy, are they in trouble.
Boy, are they in trouble.
I guess, I never thought we would ever actually get to this point. I remember sitting in a church service and a man walking up to Gary saying "You're going to be a pastor one day."
and really -we laughed out loud.
and really -we laughed out loud.
We were so young, and so green, and had so much life and learning in front of us.
But, here we are...
As I type this, I am sitting in a hotel room in Paducah, Kentucky. The place where God has decided that this is going to be our new home. I watch my little girls sleeping and I wonder what they think. I hope they’re learning to trust God no matter what HE is telling you.
I hope they can look back on this one day and see that obedience is always blessed, but understand that it is not promised to be fast
or easy.
or easy.
I studied the life of Paul this summer,and I guess God saw that I needed something put in front of me,
..... something that I have missed all these years.
..... something that I have missed all these years.
There was quite a journey from the time God told Paul what he was doing and all that had to happen in order for Paul to actually get to do it.
Paul was told he would one day "go to Rome." He was being kept and prepared to have an audience with the leader of the world at that time. Now, I am sure that Paul thought he would immediately do what God had told him. I doubt he ever dreamed that over 20 years would pass from the prophecy to the fulfillment.
But if you look closely, every single experience was preparation for the end result; the promise that God has designed him for from the very beginning.
So, to the church at THBC . You took two young, inexperienced, wide-eyed kids and gave us a chance to jump into the great unknown. This faith fall we have been on all these years.
To dear sweet 9th and 0: It was in your walls on Taylor where we learned to own what we have been taught. We saw dreams turn into reality and faithfulness rewarded as God's plan was followed.
To our friends at Glasgow and Smith Station: where we saw God do the impossible over and over again
...and The Golden days on South Railroad Street,
...and The Golden days on South Railroad Street,
thank you all for being such a wonderful pieces in our puzzle.
And to my ministry, which is so close to my heart, my special little corner of the world ....Wacoochee.
Oh! The tears I've cried over leaving your halls. I'll never understand how I can love somewhere so much, but know I have to leave it..... and it's ok.
Oh! The tears I've cried over leaving your halls. I'll never understand how I can love somewhere so much, but know I have to leave it..... and it's ok.
Please know that God is using this move to honor requests we have made to HIM for 20 years.
God has placed us right in the middle of everywhere we would ever need to be. We are finally living in a place where we could get to be a family again . ......being gone from home all these years has just been too long.
I always wanted to move before Lindsey started a new school(junior high) and honestly I was concerned about sending her away from me .
Once again, God has a better plan. I am going to be allowed to teach at the school where she will be attending middle school . I'm going to teach 6th grade Reading and she will be a happy little 7th grader
... Simply Amazing.
... Simply Amazing.
I admit, it has been a quick transition, but God has made Himself and His presence very clear and constantly known, at least to me.
I have had hours upon hours in the car to think, pray, and listen. It never fails that one song just comes on over and over again.
AMEN
This life is a journey we walk by faith
And there will always be the mountains in our way
But right here in this moment, may our strength be renewed
As we recall what God has done and how we've seen Him move
If there's anybody here who's found Him faithful
Anybody here who knows He's able
Say Amen
And if there's anybody here who's seen His power
Anybody here brought through the fire
Say Amen
Anybody here found joy in the middle of sorrow
Just Say AMEN!
And there will always be the mountains in our way
But right here in this moment, may our strength be renewed
As we recall what God has done and how we've seen Him move
If there's anybody here who's found Him faithful
Anybody here who knows He's able
Say Amen
And if there's anybody here who's seen His power
Anybody here brought through the fire
Say Amen
Anybody here found joy in the middle of sorrow
Just Say AMEN!
~May I introduce you to the Millraneys?
My steering wheel has been bathed with the tears I have cried while listening to the song. My poor Jeep will never be the same!
But all the while, being reminded over and over again how God has provided for our little family.
So, while we follow what God is leading us to do, I ask you for a favor...
But all the while, being reminded over and over again how God has provided for our little family.
So, while we follow what God is leading us to do, I ask you for a favor...
Pray for Gary as God has given him a tremendous undertaking as he will be taking the Pastor role.
Pray for me as I begin to teach at a new school...
Bless their hearts: They're not ready for Raneys ( but really, who Is?)
Bless their hearts: They're not ready for Raneys ( but really, who Is?)
Pray for our sweet girls as they begin to understand what is means to live a life based on a whole new level of faith . Pray that they see that we don't simply talk about what it means to trust God…...but we live it.
Please know we love you, and we are praying for you ...and know that while God has moved our home from you …. HE has not moved our hearts
We leave you with faith, hope, and love and the greatest of these is love…
Niki
Congratulations! I know God will use you in a mighty way. Now to the selfish side, I will miss you dearly!!! It has been such a joy to work with you for several years. You have an amazing heart & sweet spirit. Kentucky is lucky to have you!
ReplyDelete♥ Kim Langley
God will reward you all for your faithfulness. You will be a blessing to your new community and I will pray for you all. My Elizabeth is going to miss Anna Kate. Y'all be safe and enjoy your new adventures!
ReplyDeleteJennifer Miller