I have been
given 24 hours to complete the “Coldwater for Missions“ Challenge.
(thanks Abigail!) J
If you know me at all, then you know that
I will not pass up a challenge!
The Challenge is simple:
Find cold water and jump in it.
“Call Out" 3 of your friends and tell them that they have been given 24 hours to do the same.
Find cold water and jump in it.
“Call Out" 3 of your friends and tell them that they have been given 24 hours to do the same.
It is supposed to be for
Missions awareness, and for the life of me I couldn't see why anyone would do
this.
I mean, how does this help Missions? How does jumping into freezing water do
anything for the Kingdom of God?
I have tried
hard this weekend to figure this out.
“a cup of cold water”…. “Go into all the world?”
something….
anything… right?
I mean seriously, if I am going to jump into a
freezing body of water at least I would like to understand why. Does someone
get money for this? Is it a new “witnessing
tool?”
Where IS my t-shirt?
Or.... is it
supposed to be about something else?
You have to make a conscience decision to
jump into that freezing, cold, water. You have to conquer your fear.
You know it could be less than pleasant, probably painful…..and it will rock your world. Your shocked system will go from scared, to numb, to exhilarated in a matter of minutes.
You know it could be less than pleasant, probably painful…..and it will rock your world. Your shocked system will go from scared, to numb, to exhilarated in a matter of minutes.
You must do
it in front of the world (camera).
You must
then get 3 other people to do it too.
Uncanny huh?
Sounds a whole lot like what we have all been
"Called Out" to do.
"Called Out" to do.
Some people go to Africa to share the gospel and some do it at Wal-mart. Some people adopt orphans, others feed the homeless. One man feels called to build houses, while the other man cooks supper for his family because his wife has had a long day.
The only common denominator in showing Jesus to the people of this world is...
It is not a request.
The Great
Commission is not optional. It is purposeful, and intentional... and sometimes I forget that. I get busy doing life and forget about the LIFE
that was given to me.
So, today I will jump. I will do it on purpose and with full
knowledge of what lies ahead of me. I
will make a decision to commit to my challenge.
Because
today it is about a swimming pool… tomorrow it is about something much, much
more.
1-2-3 JUMP!
No comments:
Post a Comment