I have joked on more than one occasion that we
should have our own wing at the Phenix City store ( j/k). We dearly love our friends, Todd and Lindsey ( the owners).
I have witnessed BOTH of my girls call each person behind the counter by their first name. I can’t tell you how many times some brave soul (JOE) has had to go rescue of them from the top of the play place. I have even seen them go behind the counter and get something they needed. (don’t tell Todd!)
I have witnessed BOTH of my girls call each person behind the counter by their first name. I can’t tell you how many times some brave soul (JOE) has had to go rescue of them from the top of the play place. I have even seen them go behind the counter and get something they needed. (don’t tell Todd!)
So, I
guess what I am saying is this place is like “CHEERS” for my kids.
With something so recognizable to them, I have to take this opportunity to talk to them about what has happened. It is so rare to get such an in-your- face object lesson. A tangible reference point that they understand, to use to teach them the things of God.
With something so recognizable to them, I have to take this opportunity to talk to them about what has happened. It is so rare to get such an in-your- face object lesson. A tangible reference point that they understand, to use to teach them the things of God.
The
conversation was simple. I told the
girls, “He was asked a question, and he told what God said about it..... and people
got mad.”
Seems
pretty elementary to me. My girls got
it. So I got to thinking, “Why doesn’t
everybody?”
I found my answer. The reason that people are up in arms over all of this is because:
He didn’t tell the truth......... (let me explain)I found my answer. The reason that people are up in arms over all of this is because:
Look at the definition:
Noun:
|
|
Now, read that statement
again:
That which is true or in accordance with reality.....
Now, calm down…. I believe the Bible is
the Word of God. I believe that Jesus is
the Way, the TRUTH, and the life. I will
shout it from the mountains.
But that is the
problem. The world doesn’t.
In the Bible, it
says that we are to be in the world, not of it. God’s way will not be accepted. We live in a
fallen world polluted by sin.
A world where every view is skewed with
someone’s reality.
Perception is
reality…and that changes based on who you talk to. The reality of our world is
that everyone has their own version of it.
And none of it is
real. Where is absolute truth anymore anyway? What happened to: God said it so we are supposed to follow it…..the End?
Better question…When
did we get a voice in that conversation anyway?
Don't people realize that they are arguing with the Creator of the Universe....not the creator of the Chicken Sandwich?
Don't people realize that they are arguing with the Creator of the Universe....not the creator of the Chicken Sandwich?
We, as a nation,
have gotten so far away from the things of God that we cannot even recognize
them anymore. We live in “Shades of
Gray.” We fight for things we AGREE with.
Things that we FEEL are right.
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?” (Jer.17:9 KJV).
We take God and
HIS word completely out of most equations. (or we twist it to make it say what
we need.)
The fact is that
the things of God and this world have always been…separated.
That is why Jesus
sacrifice was needed.
God loved us so
much that He wanted us with HIM. He sent the answer in Jesus. That
was the all inclusive part of the deal.
That is where God loved us all.....everyone.
Yes, God tells us to love one
another, not accept one another.
The older I get the more I see that my
generation has taken that to mean …accept everything.
Some things are just not acceptable.
In my opinion, Dan
is the Man!
What Mr. Cathy said wasn't unloving or arrogant.
He answered a question based on what the Bible said, and he got the response
that the Bible said he would get.
He did love, and was criticized for it being
offensive.
Sometimes love is offensive. The Bible itself is offensive......
.....but, so was the cross.
No comments:
Post a Comment