I know....I know....You all saw me and their daddy do it,
but our girls will not be jumping.
They have begged.... but ... NO.
I asked them if they could tell someone what it's like to be married and they said "No, I am not married."
Exactly! You cannot lead somewhere you have not been.
I'll talked to my oldest and she understands that salvation is a calculated decision to give up your life for your Savior.
Not just something to do...
She also understands that it's not a decision she feels ready to make yet.
We have shared and prayed and while we have done everything in our power. .. until the Spirit leads....
we wait.
See, we believe ...Missions is not a game. People are choosing to die every single day for the cause of Christ.
We cannot for one minute allow their actions to be cheapened.
Some will probably disagree with us on this. That is fine.
I am not saying that it is wrong for anyone except our girls.
So, you guys keep on jumping.
We support what you are doing whole-heartedly. Just know that there are two who won't be joining.
Sometimes being a parent is fun....but most days it's just hard.
Teachable moments come and you must grab them when you can.
I guess...in a way....your challenges have been "mission work" even in our own family as we talked them through our decision to say. .."NO."
You are helping to water the seeds.....while we wait for that harvest.
So, dear friends.... while we pray that in the future our girls will choose to jump head first into the arms of a glorious adventure with our Savior,
we are just not there today.
Send your wonderful challenges to another.
....because in missions... and in life - we are teaching our girls...
you must look before you leap.
We love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment