Saturday, February 12, 2011

I Saw God Today

I heard it playing on the radio as I pulled out of the parking lot. It was the perfect song as I was driving away from morning worship yesterday.


The sermon had something to do with surrender and seeing God in HIS temple. I don’t really remember a lot of details about the sermon ( sorry Ray!) It was the invitation that grasped me.

The invitation time was simple. We were supposed to close our eyes and ask God to show us Who He is.


I followed my instructions. Bowed my head and prayed, and waited.

Half- Expecting to see something supernatural…. HIS train, HIS temple, seraphim, something in my holy imagination to stir my heart.

I felt this nudging in my soul….. You want to see me? You really want to experience who I am? Niki, Open your eyes.

I couldn’t help it. I opened my eyes. I saw all these people at the altar during the invitation. I got the message loud and clear. I AM all around you…. My glory IS HERE.

Now, I have been on the front row of every service for around 18 years . I have a front row seat for watching God move. Sadly- I guess I get used to it.

I stood there amazed that I was privileged to be a spectator to this event.

HE gently pointed out to me:

That is ME—I am healing her hurt. That’s ME. I am their convicting sin. I am restoring homes. I am restoring lives. I am granting salvation. That’s Me. I am changing hearts and lives.

God never ceases to amaze me. I ask, and HE gives, but never in the way I request and always so much more than I deserve.

He answer was so simple: Don’ t ask for ME to show up, because I am here-

Ask ME to show YOU- because I am waiting .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages