Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Piece of Paper

I was fired from my first teaching job. Seems like a life time ago. Rumors were spread, people didn't know who to trust and I got canned. It was bittersweet. I learned so much about myself and my mission as a teacher that summer. I found the words to a song that became my anthem. I decided last night that no matter what my " paper" said about the fruit basket turn- over and my new assignment in Lee County- I would share this from Carl Cartee



Lost in You

Guilty, for trying to make a name for myself.
Chasing after all this wordly wealth.
Listening closely for applause.

Forgive me, For I confess I have chose the lesser way.

Pawning off these gifts for mortals praise.

Consume me, and burn away the things that cloud my mind.
Bring me to my knees where I can hide.
Let me get closer to You.


Surround me- let a veil of Your greatness cover me.
Hide my in your hands so I will be - fading from view
drifting from this world. So far away.

Lord help me be faithful to this call. Forsaking all


Let me get lost in You. Let all my kingdoms fail.
Let every hope and every dream be wrapped up in Your will.
Lord , You be exalted, and I will step aside,
Let me get lost in You and You be glorified.



Lord- You be exalted- and just give me a place to hide
Let me get lost in You and You be glorified.




Oh and the rest of the story is..... God has an incredble sense of humor. That next year I was hired at a city school where my old principal's daughter attended. I was on a team as her 3rd grade teacher! He came in at the end of the year and told me how much she loved me, how pleased his wife was, and how wrong he was to let me go. Yep--- God's got me - even when it seems like life is dictated by a piece of paper- It is really the Prince of Peace in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages